John Watson Aldridge
Da Wikipedia, l'enciclopedia libera.
Provocò scompiglio nella critica letteraria americana attaccando nelle sue opere la tradizione accademica. Aldridge fu uno dei più significativi scrittori della seconda metà del '900.
Opere[modifica | modifica sorgente]
- After the lost generation; a critical study of the writers of two wars. (1951)
- Critiques and essays on modern fiction, 1920–1951, representing the achievement of modern American and British critics; with a foreword by Mark Schorer. (1952)
- In search of heresy; American literature in an age of conformity. (1956)
- Party at Cranton. (1960)
- Time to murder and create: the contemporary novel in crisis. (1966)
- In the country of the young. (1970)
- Devil in the fire; retrospective essays on American literature and culture, 1951-1971. (1972)
- American novel and the way we live now. (1983)
- Classics & contemporaries. (1992)
- Talents and technicians : literary chic and the new assembly-line fiction. (1992)