John F.C. Fuller
Da Wikipedia, l'enciclopedia libera.
Una volta congedato, manifestò aperta simpatia per il fascismo.
Parziale bibliografia[modifica | modifica wikitesto]
Fuller fu scrittore assai prolifico. Delle sue molteplici opere, rammenteremo quanto meno le seguenti.
- The Star in The West: a critical essay upon the works of Aleister Crowley (Walter Scott Publishing Co., London, 1907)
- Yoga: a study of the mystical philosophy of the Brahmins and Buddhists (W. Rider, London, 1925)
- The Generalship of Ulysses S. Grant (Murray, London, 1929)
- Grant & Lee: a study in personality and generalship (Eyre & Spottiswoode, London, 1933)
- Memoirs of an Unconventional Soldier (Nicholson & Watson, London, 1936)
- The Secret Wisdom of the Qabalah: A Study in Jewish Mystical Thought (W. Rider & Co., London, 1937)
- The Second World War, 1939-1945: a strategical and tactical history (Eyre & Spottiswoode, London, 1948)
- The Decisive Battles of the Western World and their Influence upon History, 3 vols. (Eyre & Spottiswoode, London, 1954-6)
- Volume 1: From the earliest times to the battle of Lepanto
- Volume 2: From the defeat of the Spanish Armada to the battle of Waterloo
- Volume 3: From the American Civil War to the end of the Second World War
- The Generalship of Alexander the Great (Eyre & Spottiswoode, London, 1958)
- Julius Caesar: man, soldier and tyrant (Eyre & Spottiswoode, London, 1965)
- A Military History of the Western World, 3 vols. This is the American publication of The Decisive Battles of the Western World and their Influence upon History. Titles of individual tomes are same as in the British edition. Originally published: (Funk and Wagnalls, New York, 1954-7). Republished: (Da Capo Press, New York, 1987-8).
Bibliografia sull'autore[modifica | modifica wikitesto]
- "Boney" Fuller: The Intellectual General by A.J. Trythall (London, 1977)
- Alaric Searle, "Was there a 'Boney' Fuller after the Second World War? Major-General J. F. C. Fuller as Military Theorist and Commentator, 1945-1966", War in History, 11/3 (2004), pp. 327–357.
- Generals, by Mark Urban (London, 2005) — the chapter on Fuller is available as a downloadable PDF
Collegamenti esterni[modifica | modifica wikitesto]
- (EN) The Star in the West
- (EN) The Foundations of the Science of War hosted by U.S. Army Command & General Staff College
- (EN) Generalship: Its Diseases and Their Cure hosted by U.S. Army Command & General Staff College