Draft NBA 1996
Viene universalmente considerato uno dei draft più densi di talento degli ultimi anni, considerato secondo solo a quello del 1984, a detta di molti il migliore di sempre, e talvolta a quello del 2003.
Alcuni dei giocatori selezionati in questa edizione sono dei seri candidati all'inserimento nella Basketball Hall of Fame (su tutti Allen Iverson, Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash e Ray Allen), oltre ad altri che hanno comunque una buona fama, come Jermaine O'Neal, Stephon Marbury e Predrag Stojaković.
Giocatori scelti al 1º giro[modifica | modifica sorgente]
Giocatori scelti al 2º giro[modifica | modifica sorgente]
Note[modifica | modifica sorgente]
- ^ a b The Bucks traded the draft rights of Stephon Marbury to the Timberwolves for Ray Allen and a future first-round pick on June 26, 1996.
Ian O'Connor, Marbury Learns Like A Pro in New York Daily News, 27 giugno 1996, p. 88.
- ^ a b The Mavericks traded #6 pick and a future pick (#6 pick in 1997 NBA Draft) to the Celtics for Eric Montross and a #9 pick on June 21, 1996.
Peter May, Montross shipped to Dallas for the No. 6 pick in The Boston Globe, 22 giugno 1996, p. 67.
- ^ a b The Pacers traded #23 pick along with Mark Jackson and Ricky Pierce to the Nuggets for #10 pick along with Jalen Rose and Reggie Williams on June 13, 1996.
Greg Boeck, Nuggets begin overhaul, make two trades in USA Today, 14 giugno 1996, p. 12C.
- ^ The Magic traded #11 pick and Scott Skiles to the Bullets for #42 pick on July 29, 1994.
Bart Hubbuch, Bullets make point, get Skiles in The Washington Times, 30 luglio 1994, p. C1.
- ^ The Bullets traded #11 pick along with Tom Gugliotta, #13 pick in the 1998 NBA Draft, and #7 pick in the 2000 NBA Draft to the Warriors for Chris Webber on November 17, 1994.
Clifton Brown, Sign Him, Trade Him: Webber Becomes Bullet in The New York Times, 18 novembre 1994. URL consultato il 25 febbraio 2008.
- ^ The Cavaliers traded Mark Price to the Wizards(then Bullets) for #12 pick on September 27, 1995.
Frank Hughes, Bullets on the Mark with Price ; Club trades No. 1 pick to Cavs; Wallace signs in The Washington Times, 28 settembre 1995, p. B1.
- ^ The Hornets traded the draft rights of Kobe Bryant to the Lakers for center Vlade Divac on July 1, 1996.
Joe Macenka, Divac Agrees to Charlotte Trade in Associated Press, 1 luglio 1996.
- ^ The Heat traded #16 pick along with Glen Rice, Khalid Reeves, and Matt Geiger for Alonzo Mourning, Pete Myers and LeRon Ellis on November 3, 1995.
David Nielsen, Heat get Mourning from the Hornets in The Washington Times, 4 novembre 1995, p. D1.
- ^ a b The Pistons traded #18 pick along with Dennis Rodman to the Spurs for #26 pick along with Sean Elliott and David Wood on October 1, 1993. Alan L. Adler, Sports News in Associated Press, 2 ottobre 1993.
- ^ The Spurs traded #18 pick along with J.R. Reid and Brad Lohaus to the Knicks for Charles Smith and Monty Williams on February 8, 1996.
Graig Daniels, Spurs put boots to deal in Financial Post, 9 febbraio 1996, p. 43.
- ^ The Hawks traded #19 pick along with Kevin Willis to the Heat for #45 pick along with Steve Smith and Grant Long on November 7, 1994. Atlanta trades Willis to Heat in Financial Post, 8 novembre 1994, p. 53.
- ^ The Heat sent #19 pick and $1 million to the Knicks for a right to pursue hiring Pat Riley on September 1, 1995.
Knicks, Heat arrange deal in Riley case in Toronto Star, 2 settembre 1995, p. F8.
- ^ The Rockets traded #22 and #51 picks along with Pete Chilcutt, Tim Breaux and the #53 pick in the 1997 NBA Draft to the Grizzlies for #30 and #42 picks along with #30 pick in the 1997 NBA Draft on June 19, 1996.
Bill Harris, Grizzlies Deal For Another First-round Pick in The Toronto Sun, 20 giugno 1996, p. 115.
- ^ The Jazz traded the draft rights of Martin Müürsepp to the Heat for a future draft pick (#23 in 2000 NBA Draft) on June 26, 1996.
Barry Jackson, Riley Finds New Forward in Estonia in The Miami Herald, 27 giugno 1996.
- ^ The Hawks traded #45 and #47 picks to the Supersonics for #28 pick on June 25, 1996.
Hawks Regain First-Round Draft Pick in Sonics Trade in Associated Press, 25 giugno 1996, p. D1.
- ^ The Chicago Bulls renounced the draft rights to Travis Knight on July 12, 1996.