Draft NBA 1996
Viene universalmente considerato uno dei draft più densi di talento degli ultimi anni, considerato secondo solo a quello del 1984, a detta di molti il migliore di sempre, e talvolta a quello del 2003.
Alcuni dei giocatori selezionati in questa edizione sono dei seri candidati all'inserimento nella Basketball Hall of Fame (su tutti Allen Iverson, Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash e Ray Allen), oltre ad altri che hanno comunque una buona fama, come Jermaine O'Neal, Stephon Marbury, Predrag Stojakovic e Žydrūnas Ilgauskas.
Giocatori scelti al 1º giro[modifica | modifica wikitesto]
Giocatori scelti al 2º giro[modifica | modifica wikitesto]
Note[modifica | modifica wikitesto]
- ^ a b The Bucks traded the draft rights of Stephon Marbury to the Timberwolves for Ray Allen and a future first-round pick on June 26 1996.
Ian O'Connor, Marbury Learns Like A Pro in New York Daily News, 27 giugno 1996, p. 88.
- ^ a b The Mavericks traded #6 pick and a future pick (#6 pick in 1997 NBA Draft) to the Celtics for Eric Montross and a #9 pick on June 21 1996.
Peter May, Montross shipped to Dallas for the No. 6 pick in The Boston Globe, 22 giugno 1996, p. 67.
- ^ a b The Pacers traded #23 pick along with Mark Jackson and Ricky Pierce to the Nuggets for #10 pick along with Jalen Rose and Reggie Williams on June 13 1996.
Greg Boeck, Nuggets begin overhaul, make two trades in USA Today, 14 giugno 1996, p. 12C.
- ^ The Magic traded #11 pick and Scott Skiles to the Bullets for #42 pick on July 29 1994.
Bart Hubbuch, Bullets make point, get Skiles in The Washington Times, 30 luglio 1994, p. C1.
- ^ The Bullets traded #11 pick along with Tom Gugliotta, #13 pick in the 1998 NBA Draft, and #7 pick in the 2000 NBA Draft to the Warriors for Chris Webber on November 17 1994.
Clifton Brown, Sign Him, Trade Him: Webber Becomes Bullet in The New York Times, 18 novembre 1994. URL consultato il 25 febbraio 2008.
- ^ The Cavaliers traded Mark Price to the Wizards(then Bullets) for #12 pick on September 27 1995.
Frank Hughes, Bullets on the Mark with Price ; Club trades No. 1 pick to Cavs; Wallace signs in The Washington Times, 28 settembre 1995, p. B1.
- ^ The Hornets traded the draft rights of Kobe Bryant to the Lakers for center Vlade Divac on July 1 1996.
Joe Macenka, Divac Agrees to Charlotte Trade in Associated Press, 1º luglio 1996.
- ^ The Heat traded #16 pick along with Glen Rice, Khalid Reeves, and Matt Geiger for Alonzo Mourning, Pete Myers and LeRon Ellis on November 3 1995.
David Nielsen, Heat get Mourning from the Hornets in The Washington Times, 4 novembre 1995, p. D1.
- ^ a b The Pistons traded #18 pick along with Dennis Rodman to the Spurs for #26 pick along with Sean Elliott and David Wood on October 1 1993. Alan L. Adler, Sports News in Associated Press, 2 ottobre 1993.
- ^ The Spurs traded #18 pick along with J.R. Reid and Brad Lohaus to the Knicks for Charles Smith and Monty Williams on February 8 1996.
Graig Daniels, Spurs put boots to deal in Financial Post, 9 febbraio 1996, p. 43.
- ^ The Hawks traded #19 pick along with Kevin Willis to the Heat for #45 pick along with Steve Smith and Grant Long on November 7 1994. Atlanta trades Willis to Heat in Financial Post, 8 novembre 1994, p. 53.
- ^ The Heat sent #19 pick and $1 million to the Knicks for a right to pursue hiring Pat Riley on September 1 1995.
Knicks, Heat arrange deal in Riley case in Toronto Star, 2 settembre 1995, p. F8.
- ^ The Rockets traded #22 and #51 picks along with Pete Chilcutt, Tim Breaux and the #53 pick in the 1997 NBA Draft to the Grizzlies for #30 and #42 picks along with #30 pick in the 1997 NBA Draft on June 19 1996.
Bill Harris, Grizzlies Deal For Another First-round Pick in The Toronto Sun, 20 giugno 1996, p. 115.
- ^ The Jazz traded the draft rights of Martin Müürsepp to the Heat for a future draft pick (#23 in 2000 NBA Draft) on June 26 1996.
Barry Jackson, Riley Finds New Forward in Estonia in The Miami Herald, 27 giugno 1996.
- ^ The Hawks traded #45 and #47 picks to the Supersonics for #28 pick on June 25 1996.
Hawks Regain First-Round Draft Pick in Sonics Trade in Associated Press, 25 giugno 1996, p. D1.
- ^ The Chicago Bulls renounced the draft rights to Travis Knight on July 12 1996.